About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Vet, Painting and Cleaning

This morning I had a 9am appointment to visit the vet.  Stevie needs a current health certificate that is validated for 6 days or less so that we can travel home...KLM requires this.  He also needs a Pet Export form from the Italian government so that we can leave Italy with him...just a way to raise cash!

The vet appointment went well.  Brandon went with me and helped carry Stevie in his new soft sided crate.  After the appointment, I dropped Brandon and Stevie off at home, then headed into downtown Monza to get the Pet Export form at ASL, the Regional Vet office.  

The guys in the office of the office tried to be helpful, but really put a scare in me.  Our worst cat nightmare...the vet was on vacation and wouldn't return until Friday, the day we leave.  They said I could leave the paperwork with them and pick it up Friday.  I told them we were flying home on Friday.  The countered with, "You can pick up the paperwork before you head to the airport."  I countered that with, "We need to be at the airport at 4am!"

They then told me there was nothing they could do.  They were nice about it, but just couldn't do anything.  As one of the guys went to put the blank forms back into the envelope, he noticed that the bottom two copies were presigned by the regional vet.  Whew!  Short story - I walked out of the office with a Pet Export form.

While I was taking care of this, Katrina was off with our relocation helper, taking care of our bank account and forwarding of our mail.  60 euro to forward our mail for 6 months.  That's not too bad, considering the price of international postage.

We spent the rest of the day cleaning and I did some painting.  We hired a cleaning person to help clean the bathrooms and kitchen appliances, but due to a communication misunderstanding, she never showed up.

Katrina also had to go into work one last time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment