About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Last Pizza Night

This evening we had Italian pizza for the last time...a very sad moment for me.  I love Italian pizza.  Brandon and I went over to our favorite pizzeria, Il Ghiotonne, to pick them up and take some pictures.  

Here are several pictures - the art of Italian pizza making - photos by Brandon





The three pizzas ordered before us go in the wood fired oven.  Now time to make our pizzas:  1 Margharita, 1 Marinara and 1 Pugliese


Select the dough


Roll it out


Add tomato sauce


Cheese and toppings


Add Oregano 


And more seasonings


Oregano 


And into the oven


Baking


Our pizzeria friends



Pizzas, ready to go in about 10 minutes


Brandon tries his hand at pizza making


I tried making pizzas a couple of times, without much success.  I will keep practicing and hope to someday build a wood fired oven on the patio.  


No comments:

Post a Comment