About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

50 Days and Counting

Katrina's coworker Mike, has already gone home to the US.  He left on April 18th.  While out to dinner with him on one of his last nights here, he warned us how fast the last weeks would fly by.  

Well Mike, you were absolutely right.  We are down to 50 days and counting.  Yes, I am now counting.  Thats basically 7 weeks left in Italy.  Thats more than most people spend on vacation in Italy or Europe, so its still a lot of time.  

How do I feel?  I can only answer about today.  My feelings change with the moment.  Today I feel good about it.  We've had an amazing experience in Italy.  I have always dreamed of vacationing in Europe and never dreamed that I would actually live here for 2 years and 3  months.  

As our time here in Italy ends, we begin to think about the next chapter of our lives.  Life is a journey and I've loved the route so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment