About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Red Swirl Mirror

I finished another mosaic today.  This is another one that I have been working on for awhile - work on it, put it away, work on it, put it away, finally finish it.



I used black and red Tiffany mosaic glass with black grout on a simple IKEA mirror frame.


Overall, I'm pretty pleased with it.  It's a nice little mirror.  Katrina thinks I should have used a lighter grout (I used black), but I think it would have looked too fractured.  I did learn one thing from this project, that I should have 'keystoned' the red swirls.  This means I should have cut them at angles to make the curves fit together like an arch.  Oh well, each project is a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment