About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pizzas and Movers

What do pizzas and movers have in common?  I don't know.  I guess we (at least us Americans) bribe our friends to help us move by offering pizzas and beer as a reward.

I gave today the this title because I woke up thinking about pizza this morning.  Its Thursday, so tonight is pizza night.  I can't wait!

Then, on my morning walk to school I spotted some movers, moving someone into their apartment Italian style.  At lease, I've never seen it done this way anywhere else.



Many moving companies actually setup these lifts and move the furniture and boxes up, or down, as needed.  It makes sense since most of the apartment buildings have very tiny elevators, and carrying everything up multiple flights of stairs would be a killer.  

Since we didn't have any large items or furniture, mostly just 2 x 2 boxes, our movers brought everything up the elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment