About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Quiet Day

Katrina woke up not feeling very well today.  I made sure Brandon was ready for school and dropped him off before heading to Ramazotti to distribute gift baskets to the teachers and staff.  Whew!..all done. 

Its a cloudy, rainy and snowy day.  One minute it is raining, then snowing, then raining.  The temperature hit a balmy 3 degrees celcius (36 F.).  That is warm compared to the last few days. 

I spent much of my day sweeping, mopping, doing laundry and figuring out meals for the holiday weekend.  This afternoon I made a run to il Gigante for a gift basket.  We were short one at school this morning.  The school secretary forgot to add the school nurse to the list. 

Brandon had his last full day of school for the term.  Wow, it has gone by fast.  I really want time to slow waaaaay down.  I'm not ready to leave Italy yet. 

I made minestrone soup this afternoon.  It needed to simmer for 2 hours, so we ate around 6:30pm, our normal time.  It turned out pretty good, especially with the pane focaccia I bought.  Yum!

Katrina ended up sleeping until 2:30 this afternoon, then went to bed early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment