About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Gift Baskets

It's Monday again.  Today I was busy delivering gift baskets to the teachers and staff of the International School in Monza.  The parents donated money so that we could buy the gifts.  All the teachers seemed very happy and surprised. 

It was a sunny day in Vedano.  I think it may have reached 5 degrees celcius (about 34 F).  The roads were a mix of wet and icy.  That didn't keep anyone off of their scooters or bicycles. 

I guess a large area of Europe is having very wintery weather.  We have one friend whose flight from Paris was cancelled, and other friends who are hoping to fly from England to Italy tomorrow.  There are a few teachers at school who are hoping to make it home to England for the holidays.  So many flights are cancelled in England, France and Germany.  I'm glad we are not going anywhere until the 1st. 

I tried making chicken curry with vegetable and rice this evening.  It turned out to be a 6 on a scale of 1 - 10.  The curry could have used a bit more kick...or something.  It was my first time making it, so I will just keep practicing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment