About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

IKEA

The sun is out for the second day in a row.  It started out a littly overcast and foggy.  It's cold though, 1 C (33F).

Brandon and I made a trip to IKEA late this morning.  We needed a few things and we actually bought just what we needed.  We made it out of IKEA spending on 24 euro, mostly on candles.  Brandon has been obsessed with burning candles lately. 

After dropping Brandon off at home, I made a quick trip to Decathlon to buy some size 12 cycling tights for Brandon.  His size 10's are a bit snug.  He's been filling out a bit these past few months. 



Brandon works on winter break homework.  He has several items to complete and he's trying to get them finished before we leave for Madrid on Saturday.

This afternoon I went for a bike ride.  Brandon decided he didn't want to join me today.  I rode my normal route.  I haven't ridden in awhile so I've been doing shorter rides, not my usual 40 km rides.  Today I rode 22 km.  Not a alot, but enough to get out and get a little exercise.  It was 1 C when I returned home (about 33F).  Not too bad since I have stocked up on plenty of cycling clothing this year.  Having the right clothes really helps. 

This evening we headed to Saturn, a large electronics store in Carate Brianza.  Katrina was looking for a new case for her Ipod Touch.  I drooled over all the flat panel TV's.  I really like the LED TV picture.  It seems really clear.  I also looked at new laptops, notebooks and the Ipad.  The laptop I am using now is starting to have some serious problems.  I'm hoping it will last until we get back to the US. 

On the way home we stopped for dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant.  Great food! 



Brandon always orders Nuvole di Gamberi for an appetizer when we eat Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment