About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Good to be Home Again

It's always fantastic to go on vacations, and its almost always nice to get back home and back into a normal routine. 

Carolyn slept in a long time today.  Katrina walked Brandon to school and I headed out to shop.  I needed to get supplies for the hospitality tables at all the school Christmas shows this week. 

When I returned home, Katrina headed off to work.  Carolyn spent the day in pajamas, mostly on the couch reading her Kindle.  She was kind to make us grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.  Thanks to the kindness of friends and family, we have 10lbs of cheddar cheese in the fridge. 

This evening we had a Mexican feast for dinner:  soft tacos, burritos and fajitas.  Yum.  We made a small dent in the cheddar cheese. 

Carolyn heads home tomorrow morning.  It's been nice having her.  I'm glad she could join us in southern Italy.  She's wanted to see Pompeii for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment