About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Monza

Each Wednesday morning I spend an hour with the grade 2. They read to me and practice their English. It's great fun and I enjoy listening to them. Then, at 10am I have my weekly PAB (Parent Advisory Board)representative meeting with Mr. Partridge, the school principle.

This afternoon I took my parents into downtown Monza. We rode the bus to the pedestrian mall, then walked around for a couple of hours. We also had lunch at a new restaurant. I don't remember the name. Mom and Dad both had pizzas. I had pizza fritti - fried pizza. They basically take a pizza, fold it in half (kind of like a calzone, and deep fry it for a short time. I know, it sounds greasy and bad for you, but I had to try one. They said it is a popular dish in southern Italy. It was actually really good. Mom and Dad both tried it and liked it as well.

This evening we hung out at home, relaxed and watched some TV. Basic pasta and sauce for dinner.

Tomorrow we will be heading to Bergamo for the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment