About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

IKEA

After yesterdays 'rest' day, we decided to keep the car and go out today.

I spent part of the morning volunteering in the Transtion (preschool) class at Ramazotti.

Mom, Dad and I drove Katrina to work then headed to IKEA. For those of you who know Mom, and know IKEA, this we heaven for here. They don't have on in Colorado...yet(one is being built in Denver). I always told her we would take them to the one in Portland if they visited. We never dreamed we would the an IKEA in Italy would be her first visit!

After a lunch of Swedish meatballs, boiled potatoes, and lingonberry sauce, we headed into the store. Mom loved it. There are so many cool and interesting home decor ideas. As many IKEA shoppers know, its difficult to visit the store and not come out with unintended purchases. I had a list of 4 items. I found 2 and ended up with a 65 euro worth of 'other stuff'.

I think we were in the store for about 3 hours before we had to leave in time to pickup Brandon from school.

We picked up Brandon and headed to the toy store. Nana and Papa wanted to buy Brandon and Lego set. He ended up buying a police set and had it built by bedtime.

This evening I made cotteleta and fries for dinner. Tomorrow we will visit downtown Monza.

No comments:

Post a Comment