About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Legos

We all woke up early this morning. We are trying to get into a routine before school starts on Monday.

Brandon was up at 7:30, ready to go shopping. He's been saving his allowance for a large Lego airport set - 94 euro. It helped a lot that he found a 50 euro bill on one of our bike rides recently.

Brandon and I headed to the toy store to buy the set. We also stopped at Auchan to stock up on some groceries.

Brandon spent most of the day building his new Lego airport. I worked on my usual household chores and tried to catch up on this blog.

Late this afternoon the two of us went for a bike ride in Parco di Monza. We rode 20 kilometers. Sometimes after a week break I feel strong and refreshed - and sometimes I don't. Today I didn't. My legs were tired and sore for most of the ride. We are trying to get some miles in Brandon's legs before his bike race on Sunday. He will be entering a mountain bike race in Casatenovo. It's a short race, 2 km, so I'm sure he will do great.

I made roasted chicken and salad for dinner. We are trying to eat a bit lighter after all the foods we ate in England. They seem to have a lot of fried foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment