About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Did I Mention that Allergies Suck?!

I woke up today with a bad case of "Allergies". I thought yesterday was annoying, but today I can barely breath. Hopefully this is the worst of it and tomorrow will be better. My bad days usually only last a day or two. No open windows, just AC today.

I spent the morning sweeping and mopping the house. I also did a load of laundry, my usual daily chore.

Today is Brandon's last full day of school. Tomorrow is a half day, then summer vacation begins.

I turned on the AC and the house started cooling down. Then I made the mistake of going out on the balcony to water the flowers. Now I am miserable again!! Allergies Suck!

This afternoon I headed over to Brandon's school about 30 minutes before the end of the day. Brandon wanted me to bring his new road bike to school for show and tell. When I arrived there was an ambulance sitting in the playground. Ms Patridge was climbing into the ambulance with Amelie, one of Brandon's best friends.

We don't know the extent of her injuries, only that she was running on the playground and tripped on a soccer ball that rolled under her feet. The class was inside, with the Italian teacher filling in for Ms Partridge. They were all pretty upset.

Later in the evening I texted some well wishes to Amelie's Mom, who texted back that Amelie was resting and was waiting for surgery this evening. I still don't know the extent of her injury, but Brandon is very concerned for her. I'm sure Ms Partridge will have an update for the kids in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment