About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Market

I had a hard time waking up this morning. What happened to the days of easily waking up at 7:45am?

I headed over to the market this morning. What a beautiful chilly day. I didn't end up buying very much, just some spinach for dinner tomorrow night and a few berry candies.

I did my usual 40 km bike ride to Lurago di Erba today. It was a chilly ride, but the sun was out and the mountains were in clear view. Very inspiring. I've got quite a few 'base' miles in so far this year. I've been averaging between 120 and 200km per week. I need to start doing some longer rides and add some serious hill climbing later this spring is I'm going to make a successful climb up the Alp d'Huez later this year.

Brandon had a good day at school. We stopped at Parco di Matteotti on the way home so that he could swing. We haven't done that in a loooong time, and its right next door.






Brandon was trying to swing as high as possible

And finally, my thoughts go out to my good friend Andy in Corvallis. His 12 year old Golden Retriever "Sunny" passed away last night. It's tough when your pets are such a part of the family, and it hits close to home with all the health issues my sister's family (and us) are going through with my pupster Tasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment