About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rigatoni with Fresh Basil

I thought I would share the simple recipe that I made for dinner this evening. All three of us gave it a thumbs up.

3 bunches of fresh basil
1 clove garlic
salt
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground white pepper
12 oz dried rigatoni pasta
3 tbsps freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsps grated Pecorino cheese

Finely chop the basil with the garlic and a pinch of salt. Melt the butter and oil in a large frying pan over low heat and add the chopped basil mixture. Saute' for 2 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and transfer to the pan with the basil mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Pecorino and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment