About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fa Freddo

Fa Freddo! Its cold outside this morning. We woke up to a temperature of 1c = 33f degrees. Its now 11am and its only 36f degrees outside.

What is up with all the earthquakes? I suspect the earth has many of them each day, but the news is just reporting more of them since the Haiti and Chili quakes. Today I read that there was an earthquake off the coast of Hawaii. Yesterday there was one in Turkey (thats getting a little closer to home!)

My daily bike ride was uneventful. Since the first part of my normal out and back route is mostly uphill, I was nice and warm. Unfortunately, most of the return trip is downhill, so I got pretty chilled. A nice hot shower didn't seem to get the chill out.

This evening I made Bacialli con sugo di carne for dinner - gnocchi roll with meat and spinach. Basically its a gnocchi dough (potato and flour) rolled flat, filled with spinach, ground beef, sausage, and mushrooms. You roll is up into a long roll, boil it, then cut it into slices then bake it...

...Ok, I need practice with this recipe. The potato dough was easy to make and rolled out nicely. Unfortunately, once I layered the meat and spinach on top, I was unable to roll it into a log. It just fell apart. Now it is baking in the oven as a jumbled heap. We'll see how it tastes...

...Ok, so this was my first Italian recipe disaster. Katrina and Brandon gave it a thumbs down. I gave it a sideways thumbs...for average. I guess we can make up for it with some Magnum bars for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Key grate blog please write me a comment on my blo jonas brothers music♥♥♥♥♥ and my other blog key?

    ReplyDelete