About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Steve McCurry

Weird dreams last night. I don't really remember them right now, other than that they were weird. Hmmmm, "than that they". Can you really use those three words together?

We had a lazy morning at home, although I ventured out to BiciMania to see what's new. I also stopped at Punto to pickup some tortilla chips. Katrina picked up some guacamole mix while she was in Corvallis in December. I found some fresh avocados yesterday, so we will be enjoying some guacamole tomorrow.



This afternoon we took the Metro into Milano to see a photography exhibit by Steve McCurry. What an excellent exhibit. Steve McCurry is a photojournalist who has been published in major magazines all over the world. He is well known for his provocative photos published in regularly in National Geographic magazine.


Katrina was smart and made reservations online to avoid this line. They only allow 25 people into the exhibit every 15 minutes. We were able to show up at our selected time and just walk in.


The obligatory Duomo shot. We have many of these.


Enjoying a waffle before we visit the photography exhibit








Brandon was interested, but not overly impressed. He spent much of the time reading.

After leaving the exhibit, we wandered around the pedestrian zone watching people and checking out window displays. We stopped at the American bookstore to browse a bit, as well as a cool little gift store that Katrina likes. They carry nice pens and leather bags.

This evening we had dinner at Mike's. On the way to his place we stopped and picked up some grappa. Grappa is an after dinner drink that they say helps with digestion.

We had a fun evening hanging out and having dinner. We had a very tasty salad and a pasta - chicken dish. Very tasty. For dessert we enjoyed peanut butter bars and chocolate cupcakes. Ah, the tastes of home.

This was followed by the grappa. It is a powerful spirit. The first time I took a sip it burned my eyes. I'm glad I finally tried it, but don't think I will have it again.

I think we finally arrived home around 11:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment