About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Pact with Rosella

It's a mostly cloudy morning in Vedano. Katrina walked Brandon to school then went walking in Parco di Monza. I will be going for a bike ride later today, probably around lunchtime.

I walked into Vedano this morning to take care of a few errands. I needed to 'buy' some more money at the bancomat, pay our annual TV tax at the post office and pickup registration papers for next school year.

In Italy you pay an annual tax for each TV that you own. I'm not sure how they track how many TV's you have, but they do. I think they also tax each radio you own (including those in cars), although I don't think we have paid anything since we don't actually own our car.

This afternoon I rode my usual 40km bike ride. It was a chilly ride, but it felt good to get out.


Italian road sign - Do Not Enter

This evening Brandon and I had our first Italian lesson of 2010. I have not been very inspired to study over the past few months and it shows. It's fairly easy to get by on minimal Italian in daily life, and I am struggling with a new language. Rosella, Brandon and I made a pact that we would study for 15 minutes each day. That may not sound like much, but compared to 0 minutes, we should start making progress again. We began on chapter 1 of Essential Italian.

This evening I made pasta con sugo di carciofi - pasta with artichoke sauce. It was tasty, so its a keeper. Katrina and I also enjoyed a new wine, Sagrantino di Montefalco 2005. Good drink!!

Now I'm off to see what happens when the Atlantic fleet gets caught in a category 4 hurricane and whether Charlie will go out on a date with Zoey. Oh the suspence! Can you guess what show I'm watching on DVD?

No comments:

Post a Comment