About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Fa Freddo

Fa Freddo...It's cold! We woke up to sunny skies and frost on the ground. The temperature was 2c = 34f. Katrina did not sleep well last night, so I was the lucky one who walked Brandon to school in the cold. Honestly, I don't mind the cold weather if the sun is going to be out. I find that I crave sunny days. I definitely think I am affected by the clouds and rain more than I was when I was younger, and I live in two cloudy and rainy places - northern Italy and Corvallis.

I ran a quick morning errand to BiciMania for a couple of things. I bought a water bottle cage, a seat pack and a spare tube for my new bike. When I returned home Katrina joked that the bike was not a lone purchase, but part of a package of goodies.


Pinarello FP2, photo by Katrina

I took the bus into downtown Monza this afternoon. I was on a missiong to find another part of Brandon's gift for Christmas. I can't mention it because he reads this blog. Anyway, I was amazed at how busy and festive it was downtown. I stopped in a bookstore to look at DVD's. I am looking for NCIS Season 4 and they had it, but they wanted 69 euro! Too much. I did find Elf for 9 euro and bought it. We really like that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment