About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Fantastic Day

We woke up to sunshine this morning! Time for a bike ride. If only my gear was dry. I have it all hanging in front of a fan so it will dry quickly.

I went for a fantastic bike ride today. I rode my usual route towards Como. The Alps are completely white with snow. What a beautiful sight. The sun was out and it wasn't too cold. My legs were a bit tired, but I was able to do my 'regular' 40km ride to Lurago di Erba and back. My new bike rocks!


Pinarello FP2, photo by Katrina

I set the alarm clock to remind me when it was time to pickup Brandon, then sat on the couch to study the Italian driver manual. Its a good thing I set the alarm. It woke me up at the right time. I guess I should not study on the couch.

Brandon and I had an Italian lesson this afternoon. It went pretty well. We are working on some new vocabulary. I actually beat Brandon in a vocabulary contest. I think this is the first time.

Our little nephew Tanner had surgery today. He had his tonsils taken out. Poor little guy, but we know he will feel better from now on since he's had some problems leading up to this. We are thinking of you Tanner! Love you.


Our nephew Tanner.

We had pasta con pesto for dinner this evening. Tasty and one of our favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment