About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tired of Italian Food

All three of us had a hard time waking up this morning. Katrina walked Brandon to school and I got ready for the day. Its wet outside again, so no bike ride for me.

I had to go shopping at Auchan to pickup supplies for our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Its Black Friday in the US, but here in Italy it is just a regular day. No store specials. No long lines. No crazieness.



This is our local Vedano al Lambro post office. At an Italian post office you can: mail your letters, pay your bills and cash your retirement checks. The lines can be just as bad as they are in the US.

Brandon and I had to pickup Katrina at work, since I kept the car today. We were both feeling a bit gloomy. I am very tired of Italian food and mostly Italian restaurant options. Brandon just wanted to eat at home. I wish I could just enjoy some good ole American comfort food.

This evening we hung out at home. Katrina made stuffing for our Thanksgiving meal tomorrow, then we watched a couple of 30Rock episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment