About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Day - Italian Style



Color of fall in Vedano al Lambro - Giallo

We woke up to a cloudy and cold Thanksgiving Day in Italy. Actually, its not Thanksgiving here in Italy. Its a regular day of school, work and Italian lessons.

We plan to celebrate Thanksgiving on Saturday with Mike and Jen, here at our apartment. Mike found a turkey at a local butcher. We'll be having all the traditional food: mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, etc. The only things thing missing will be football and pie. Yes, we could bake a pie, but none of us like to bake. So, to add an Italian twist to our Thanksgiving feast we will be enjoying a gelato cake. Maybe they have pumpkin flavored gelato?

I visited BiciMania this morning to pick up a couple of things. My ears have been cold when I ride. I found a thin headband to keep them warm. I also needed a water bottle cage for my new bike.

It is drizzly, wet and cold this morning. I promised myself that I would ride any day this winter that was dry, but not the wet days. Being chilled while riding is acceptable. Being chilled and wet is not fun or tolerable.

This afternoon I spent two hours reading with Brandon's classmates...Matilde, Martina, Tomasso, Beatrice, Aurora, Camilla and Emilio. My own son didn't want to read with me today! I really enjoy reading with the kids. I always have one or two who want to stay inside during recess and read to me.

Katrina had a 'Thanksgiving' pizza dinner with coworkers this evening. Brandon and I had pasta con pesto. Right before dinner, Brandon and I called my family in Colorado Springs to wish them a happy Thanksgiving. They (Heather, Rob, Dylan, my cousin Marty and his wife Heather and there son Josh, Aunt Lorraine, Mom, Dad, and Ashlie) were all at Heather and Rob's house for the day. Mom said that Heather (Marty's wife) was spoiling our dog Tasha. I have really been missing Tasha lately. I miss her had in my lap and her wet nose knudging my hand for attention. I'm thankful she has a good home while we are in Italy.

I spent the evening on the couch watching the Detroit - Green Bay game.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment