About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Cleaning for Visitors

You all know how it is. You have visitors coming for the first time and you need to get the house in good order. That would be today's plan. Katrina's Mom, sister and cousin will be arriving around noon tomorrow. Our first official visitors!

We woke up to cloudy and drizzly skies this morning. Katrina walked Brandon to school while I got ready for the day. When she returned home, we drove over to the Commune in Vedano to see about getting our official Italian ID cards, only to find out the office is closed on Friday's.

Katrina wanted to get to work so she could spend more time getting caught up on things before her family arrives tomorrow. I decided to drive her to work so that I could stock up on a few groceries at Auchan.

Ahhh, there is nothing so exhilerating as cleaning bathrooms, especially when one of them belongs to an 8 year old boy. You parents of boys know what I mean.

Brandon was so excited when I picked him up from school today. He can't wait for our visitors to arrive tomorrow. I just read on FB that they are getting ready to leave LAX soon.

This evening Brandon and I met up with Katrina and Mike for dinner at Mexicali, the best Mexican we have found so far. It was good and we had a few drinks as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment