About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rainy Day in Vedano

Its was a few degrees warmer this morning - 9c. The skies are cloudy and it looks like it rained a little last night. The forecast calls for rain off and on today.

Katrina walked Brandon to school then went walking in Parco di Monza. I stayed home. My plan for the day was to drive Katrina to work, go shopping for Brandon's Halloween costume, and take a bike ride this afternoon.

After driving Katrina to work I headed to Auchan, a different Auchan than the usual one we shop at. I was able to find a small yellow cycling jersey for Brandon. Our Auchan only had larges. Next stop, Bicimania where I got fitted for a Pinarello road bike. I don't know why? Its not like I have the money to buy one. I did find some kids cycling gloves for 4 euro. Now Brandon has a complete cycling outfit for his Halloween party tomorrow at school. He will be a Tour de France cyclist, yellow jersey and all. And the best part is, he can wear what I bought him any time we go riding.

Its been a rainy day here in Vedano, and Milan in general. It was raining pretty steadily when we picked Katrina up at work.

This evening after dinner I remembered that I needed to 'buy' some money to start stocking up on cash for our vacation. I talked Brandon into walking to the bancomat with me. I knew I would need an umbrella, but I didn't realize that it was pouring rain until we got outside. We walked anyway and ended up being soaked by the time we got there, even with an unbrella. Of course, on the way home we had to stop at the gelateria - that was how I encouraged Brandon to join me. It had closed early. Who would go out on a cold rainy night for gelato?

No comments:

Post a Comment