About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday

Its Friday. At one time this was an exciting day for me. I looked forward to Friday and what the weekend had in store. My perspective on Fridays has changed since we moved to Italy. I realized this in the past few days. I no longer look forward to Fridays. I don't dislike Fridays, but I don't spend my entire week wishing for Friday to come quickly. I guess one thing I have learned since moving here is to enjoy each day as it comes. Now, don't get me wrong. Not every day in Italy is romantic and full of happy faces. I guess one reason I have changed my thinking about Fridays is because we have a limited number of Fridays...and Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays to enjoy and experience Italy and Europe as a whole. Why waste my week waiting for Fridays?!

While I cannot truly understand what it is like to truly have your days numbered...ie, sickness, disease, etc...I now have a better appreciation for it. NO, I'm not going to die when this is all over (at least I hope not), but I've just realized that enjoying 'now' rather than always wishing for the future is much more rewarding. I'm not really all that religious, so I'm not really sure what happens after death. So I figure, why waste the time I have. Just my thoughts for today...


I had a busy day today. This morning I worked on some Tuscany travel plans and a possible Disneyland Paris trip, then drove Katrina to work. Brandon went back to school today.

After dropping Katrina off at work, I stopped at two bike shops and Auchan on the way home. I find myself dreaming of a new road bike. I'm not sure I need one, but I've been dreaming of one. Not to replace my Burley touring bike, but to have a true road bike for my rides. At Auchan I picked up some groceries and the new Wii Toy Story Mania game based on the ride at Disneyland. I can't wait to try it out.

I went for a short bike ride in Parco di Monza this afternoon in honor of Livestrong Day. I really like what Livestrong represents and wanted to ride, even for a short time, in honor of those who have fought and are fighting cancer. I personally know of at least 6 friends and family members who have had to deal with cancer. Some lost, some are fighting and some have beaten it.

Brandon went over to Amelie's house to play after school. He was so excited. He really likes his playtime with friends. Its too bad none of them live in our neighborhood. Most of the boys in our buildings are older than Brandon.

Oh, funny tidbit about Brandon. This will probably embarrass him when he reads my blog. I caught him meowing like a cat in his sleep last night. Too cute and a little creepy.

I'm listening to the pulsating music and noise of the carnival setup in the park next door. Its kind of cool and interesting.

I picked up Brandon at Amelie's house, then drove over to Agrate to pickup Katrina. Since it was already almost 7:30pm, we decided to go out for dinner. I decided to try a restaurant just down the road from our apartment, Miseria & Nobilta. We had brushetta and a very good red wine to start. Katrina had raviolis with cheese and pear inside, with a cheesy white sauce. I had linguine gamberi capesaw. Brandon had tagliatelle bolognese. Very tasty place, and very convenient. I'm sure we'll go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment