About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cloudy and Chilly in Vedano

In alto i calici e...cin cin a tutti! - Lift the cups and...cheers to everyone!

Its a new week. A short week for us. On Friday morning we are flying to Paris for the weekend.

We woke up to cloudy skies and cooler temps this morning. The forecast for the week calls for highs in the lower 70's and high 60's with periodic rain. I guess fall is officially here.

I went for a bike ride this morning. I had some debate about what to wear. Should I wear my short sleeve jersey and a jacket, or just a long sleeve jersey. I decided on the long sleeve jersey. I went down to the garage to get my bike, rode out of the front gate to the intersection and turned around. It was chilly! I buzzed Katrina on the intercom and asked her to throw my jacket down from the balcony. So, I ended up with my long sleeve jersey and a jacket. I rode to my 'default' turn around point in Lurago di Erba = 39.08km. I couldn't decide if I was warm or cold during the ride.

Katrina is working from home again today. She has an online class this evening and thought it would be easier from home.

We walked over to Punto to get a few groceries. We couldn't decide on what we wanted for lunch, so we bought two frozen pizzas. We baked one to start and it tasted pretty good, although my stomach seemed to revolt a bit later in the day.

I visited the post office this afternoon. Wow, that was the longest I have ever waited - except maybe in Corvallis. They had one window open and they were processing retirement checks, paying bills and mailing letters. In Italy, you can do all those things at the local post office.

I picked up Brandon at 3:30pm and paid for his Aikido class. He will have Aidido as an after school class every Wednesday for the entire school year. He's pretty excited.

We had pasta with olive oil and garlic for dinner. Its a simple dish, but tasty, especially with some freshly grated parmesan.

Brandon and I spent the evening playing Boom Blox on the Wii while Katrina barricaded herself in the office for her online class.

No comments:

Post a Comment