About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Italian Thursday

I slept in a bit again today. I must need it. I think I woke up at 8:20.

We did have a late night with Brandon. He became sick after dinner and threw up several times until just after midnight. He ended up sleeping on the floor in our room.

This morning he was feeling much better. I was lazy and made hardly any attempt to go for my Thursday bike ride. Bad...bad...bad.

Brandon and I spent the morning on our computers while Katrina had her Italian lesson. Brandon played some games and looked at Legos online. I worked on this blog.

This afternoon Brandon built a funicular with his XTS trains while I did some house cleaning and worked on this blog.

We also had our Italian lessons today. Brandon is learning verbs - basically he is caught up to me and will be passing me shortly. He's a sponge, although he doesn't actually speak it very much.

My lesson went fairly well considering I wasn't very motivated. I'm still struggling with verbs a bit. Practice, practice, practice.

My flowers on the balcony are making a slow comeback after our vacation. I tried to use a homemade drip system on the balcony to water them while we were gone. Upon our return we were informed by our portania that he head to enter our apartment and turn off the water because it was seaping down into the wood ceiling of the balcony below us. He told us he watered our flowers a few times, but they were in pretty bad shape. Not his fault.

We had a nice dinner of roasted chicken, risotto, salad and red wine. Brandon felt much better today, but is still not eating much. He'll eat when he's ready. I think he may head to bed early tonight.

We had a nice chat with the Noel's on Skype this evening.  It was great to see them and talk for a bit.  We loved seeing your new couch and windows.  We have the same shelves (like the ones under your window).  Ours is black and is near the front door to store shoes and to sit on when we put our shoes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment