About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mercoledi

Passeremo le vacanze estive in Italia - We'll spend our summer vacation in Italy.

Its a sunny morning in Vedano al Lambro. Today's forecast: sunshine and delightful, high 31c.

Brandon and I were up by 8am this morning. Katrina slept in. As I was picking up clothes in our bedroom she asked me to make sure I wake her up by noon. She must still be feeling pretty bad. I was going to go for a bike ride this morning, but I think I will stay home and make sure she is ok.

Ok, Katrina woke up to check her work email and eat some breakfast. She was surprised that I was not getting ready for a bike ride and urged me to go. My staying home for her was genuine, but once I made the choice it was hard to change my mind and decide ride. I must thank her for the encouragement. I took a nice 38k RT ride towards Lago di Como and back, on my usual route. Its an interesting, challenging route and is mostly downhill all the way home...thats the best part.

Katrina had some afternoon meetings at work she had to attend. I offered to drive her to work since she is still very tired. Roundtrip to ST and back, 1 hour. Brandon and I are both tired this afternoon.

Brandon and I decided to go for a ride in Parco di Monza. We rode 11km around the park. Brandon loves to ride. We bought him a cycle computer for his birthday in April, but did not install it on his bike until yesterday. Now he keeps me updated on how fast we are going, how far we have gone and what our fastest speed was.

The clouds started rolling in around 4:30 and we heard a little bit of thunder. Chatted with Errol on Facebook for a few minutes while I wait until its time to pickup Katrina at work.

We are all tired this evening. Katrina is feeling a bit better, but is very tired. She spent the evening on the couch watching the National Geographic Channel with Brandon. He loves all the Discover Channel and National Geographic type shcws.

No comments:

Post a Comment