About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Giovedi

Katrina va al mare - Katrina is going to the seaside.

Forecast for today: a couple of thunderstorms, high 31c.

Had some delicious Sicilian watermelon for breakfast this morning. Brandon and Katrina made pancakes.

I spent some time doing my Italian homework before getting ready for the day. Rosella comes at 2pm for Brandon's lesson, followed by mine at 3:30.

Brandon and I headed out for our daily bike ride. First stop was the post office in Vedano. We also stopped at the barber, but the wait was too long. Then we rode down into Parco di Monza. We heard cars racing on the Autodromo, so we rode inside to see what was going on. Ferrari's of all different styles were racing...or practicing?...on the track. We watched for a bit, then rode around the park. It is hot and very humid today. We were very happy to arrive home to our air conditioned apartment.

Brandon and I hung out at home in the air conditioning. We had lunch and I hung laundry while he played. While he had his Italian lesson I worked on details for our visit to Amsterdam. So much to see, so little time. Our trip is coming up in 2 weeks and 3 days.

I'm excited to see all the local upcoming coverage for the Tour de France. It looks like I will have several channels to choose from. Hopefully one of them will be in English. The Tour starts on Saturday....GO Lance!

I had another pretty good Italian lesson this afternoon. Some things that have been giving me difficulty are starting to make more sense. I might even speak basic Italian by the time two years is over.

I made pizza for dinner this evening. It turned out pretty good, I just need to tweak the sauce. We didn't like the sauce that the recipe called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment