About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Venerdi

Katrina e Brandon vanno in montagna - Katrina and Brandon are going to the mountains.

We seem to wake up to sunny skies almost every morning. Today's Vedano forecast: a couple of thunderstorms, high 31.

Katrina is feeling much better. I now have a sore throat and my head feels a bit stuffy.

That reminds me of an interesting subject. Mike was sick and needed some ibuprophen. All drugs, even non prescription drugs, must be purchased at a Farmacia. Mike went to a Farmacia and had to pay e4.15 for 12 pills of ibuprophen. We bought a 1000 tablet bottle at Bimart in Corvallis for $9.99.

Brandon and I drove Katrina to work again this morning. Katrina had to go in a little earlier for a meeting, so we dropped her off and went grocery shopping at Auchan. We needed some ingredients for dinner tonight. Becky and Michelle, coworkers of Mike and Katrina are in town for vacation. They will arrive this evening and will fly back to the States on Monday. They are staying with Mike in Milano, so we plan to hang out with them this weekend. But tonight, they are coming over for dinner.

Brandon cracks me up...and impresses me. His favorite shows on TV are on the National Geographic channel. He loves all the science shows. He's eating lunch and watching a show about glaciel melting. He also loves the Discovery channel. And on the opposite extreme, the only cartoon he likes to watch is Tom & Jerry.

I spent the afternoon cleaning the apartment. Besides Mike, Becky and Michelle will be our first visitors.

Back to Mike. Last week he sent us this picture:



He was so impressed with his parking job, he had to take a picture. This is what it is like parking in downtown Milano. He told us he did it in one try. It almost looks like a forklift set the car in place. I guess he is becoming more Italian every day. Thanks for the picture Mike.

Brandon and I left the apartment at 3:30 to pickup Katrina at work. On the way home we decided to stop at an art store I had spotted on my bike rides. It turned out to be more of a craft store, but she found some brushes for her painting.

Mike, Michelle and Becky came over around 8:45 for dinner. I made faralle con pesto, bruschetta al pomodoro, and salad for dinner. We bought a gelato torte from our favorite gelateria. It is made from Fruiti di bosco and fragola gelati. I think our wine bottle count will go up quite a bit by Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment