About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Preview Trip

Our preview trip was booked today. We will be flying to Italy on the 21st for 5 days of apartment hunting. We also intend to let Brandon visit his new school.

Katrina also informed me that the Entry Permit for Brandon and will be be ready next week. It will be given to us while we are in Italy. Our next step will be for Brandon and I to visit the consulate in Portland to get his stamp, then mail our passports to San Francisco for final Visa approval. Hopefully we can do all this in 2 or 3 weeks.

Our goal is to be in Italy by 4/15. We shall see what happens.

The move to Italy is feeling much more real now. For nine months now it has been feeling a little unreal and something that is just hanging out there sometime in the future...maybe?! Now we are getting ready to move and that is really starting to sink in.

Its been a long process. Its been frustrating at times. I am now just trying my best to appreciate and enjoy the process. Life is a journey....every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment