About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lessons in Patience - Italian Style

Well, the big December 16th date has come and gone. We did not wake up with news from Italy that Katrina's work permit was issued. Honestly, I tried to keep it out of my mind most of the day.

This morning Katrina called from work to give me an update. Olga (our Italian representative) sent her a message that there has been a new wrinkle in our plans for a work permit. She apparently spent a great deal of time at the permit office doing her best to convince them that why we need a work permit. Apparently they have some issues with HP employees working on location at another company. The Italian government has been very strict lately concerning matters like this. Another formal document from HP had to be obtained and the paperwork has been resubmitted. We shall see.... At least they didn't formally reject the work permit.

I'm learning patience Italian style. I have learned that specific dates in our timeline aren't necessarily set in concrete. Its taken me a few steps in this process to learn to just go with the flow. What happens, happens.

I must also admit that I am now a little nervous that our move to Italy may not happen. We shall see....

1 comment: