About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Italian Lesson #1

I had my first online Italian lesson today. It went pretty well even though I was pretty nervous. I've only taken one semester of language, Spanish, in the past and it didn't really go all that well. The positive thing for me is that this is for fun and for learning to be a part of the Italian culture when we live there. Its not for a grade! That takes some pressure off.

I learned quite a few names for objects....ie: book, chair, coffee, dog, cat - libro, sedia, tazzo, cane, and gatto....as well as many others. I also learned the basic colors.

We are learning one on one with a live instructor online. It is done almost all in Italian, so it takes some time to understand an follow along. The instructor uses pictures and a white board to help the process along.

My next lesson is on Wednesday. I need to do my homework and listen to the recording of my first lesson before then.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment