About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Sun is Back!

I dropped Brandon off at day camp this morning, then returned home.  It's actually mostly sunny and in the 60's outside.  Not summer weather, but not rain!

I can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that we are home and that we lived in Italy for two years.  It really feels like I just woke up from a dream.  I still don't feel emotional about leaving Italy, nor do I feel emotional about being home.  I don't know if that's good or bad?  I feel like I should feel something, but I don't.

I opened up my DCC console today - the model train readers will know what I'm talking about.  The box was full of ants.  The screws on my Digitrax DCS 100 are rust - same with the power supply.  I hope that is not a sign of what the insides look like.

Assembled the third and final bookshelf for Brandon's room.  He's going to have a lot of room for books.  Just what he wants.  I will probably take the old short brown bookcase for my train room.

I spent much of the morning assembling Brandon's bookshelf, Katrina's shelves, and searching for employment opportunities.  I forgot how much work looking for employment is.

Brandon had another great day at camp.  They went to Otter Beach for the day.  He talked about it all the way home in the truck.  'We have to go their next week Dad!'

Once Brandon was home, I decided it was time to do some work on my train layout.


This is the closet in my train room, as of last Tuesday.


This is the closet now.  Last week I installed a new desk. This week I started building my new model train layout.  


Newest section of benchwork being built as of this evening.  

It's difficult to take pictures in a 9 x 11 ft room.  I will do my best to post updates on the layout as I build it.  

Katrina is taking a motorcycle driving course at Linn Benton Community College.  Tonight was the classroom portion of the class.  Even though her scooter does not require a motorcycle license, she is taking the course to learn proper riding and safety.  The reward of passing the class is a valid motorcycle license.  





No comments:

Post a Comment