About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Another Cloudy Drizzly Day in Corvallis

We woke up to clouds and drizzle again today.  I like the cool weather, but where is the sun.  I guess we can't have it all, and the drizzle and rain are watering my wildflowers, so that is positive.

After dropping Brandon off at day camp, I headed to Home Depot to buy a sliding screen for our back door.  Unfortunately, I arrived at the store and realized I hadn't measured the door - 30" or 36".  Dang.  Oh well, I was able to pickup some wood for the framing of my new train layout.

I also stopped at the grocery store for a couple of items.  Wow, food sure seems much more expensive than it did two years ago.  Overall, its cheaper than in Italy, but prices have gone up.

It's been raining off and on all day today, sometimes coming down pretty heavily.

This afternoon I checked out two storage businesses.  We have a travel trailer and a cargo trailer and need a new place to store them.  Our friend Andy graciously let us keep them on his property while we were in Italy, but now its time to get them out of his way and someplace a bit closer to home.  Storing trailers can be pretty expensive in the Corvallis area, but the second place I stopped at had a great price on a 60ft space.  I can fit both trailers in one spot.  And the best part is, its much closer than the rental space we had two years ago.

This evening Brandon and I headed out to Andy's house to pickup my cargo trailer.  After getting the trailer hooked up and inspected it (its been sitting for two years), we walked up to the pond to watch his dogs jump in and retrieve.  Brandon had great fun and wants to go back again soon.

We headed up to model train club (Corvallis Society of Model Engineers) this evening.  Not much was going on, a quiet night.  Probably because it is summer.  Brandon had fun running trains around the layout.  I sat and caught up with the few club members who were there.


No comments:

Post a Comment