About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Rainy Day in Corvallis

We woke up to rainy weather in Corvallis.  Katrina headed out early for her last motorcycle class - rain or shine.  By this afternoon she should have her motorcycle certification, which she can take to the DMV and get her endorsement added to her license.

Brandon and I hung out at home, not wanting to visit da Vinci Days in the rain.  I worked on the next section of benchwork for my model train layout.

I spotted our first hummingbird this morning.  We love hummingbirds and have a feeder outside our dining room window.  I hung it up early in the week and expected it to take awhile before we would see hummingbirds again, but today, one showed up.

Brandon found our Chinese Checker board and wanted to play, so we did.  We had fun.  We played two games, and I beat him pretty easily in the first one.  The second one was much closer.

This afternoon I ran out of wood for the framing of my train layout, so I headed back to the Depot.  The benchwork for this layout is going up much quicker than I expected.  It's much easier than building modules.  I may have the basic benchwork done by Friday, which means I can then focus on the fun part, laying out the track plan.   I also need to paint the walls before I go much further.  I plan to build my layout with a fall evening theme, which means lots of all foliage, darker skies painted on the wall, lots of lighting features and interior building lights.

Early this afternoon Brandon and I headed over to a friends house to let their dog Dixie out of her kennel for a bit.  We let her outside to do her thing, then played tug with her for about 45 minutes.  At one point I swung around to get the tug toy back and she just swung in the air with the toy.  Too funny!  Made me miss playing with Tasha.

Katrina arrived home later in the afternoon from her motorcycle course.  She passed and can now get her Oregon motorcycle license endorsement.  Woohoo!

It's 9pm and its still raining...







No comments:

Post a Comment