About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Bit More Routine

Today our lives get a bit more routine again.  Katrina is heading back to work.  Brandon is heading to day camp, through the Parks & Rec program.  I am taking care of things at home, as well as beginning to look for work.

I spent much of day on random household items including:  assembling IKEA furniture, running a couple errands, updating our insurance, setting up autopay for utilities, and several other things.

Our friend Kate (who sold Katrina the scooter) stopped by.  We had a nice chat about travel and recycling.  Ha! It's good to have our old friends around.  I look forward to hanging out with many of them.  I do miss our Italian friends.  I've been thinking about many of them today.

This afternoon I made a trip to Home Depot to get a few things - new batteries for my power tools (wow, they are expensive) and some plywood to start phase 1 of my new model railroad build.

Brandon had a good first day at camp.  He was pretty happy and excited when I picked him up.  Tomorrow they are doing an obstacle course with scooters, bikes and skateboards.  Since Brandon's are all in shipment from Italy, we borrowed a scooter and helmet from friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment