About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Around the House

We woke up to sunny skies and warm temps this morning...finally.

After dropping Brandon off at day camp, I headed over to the Boy & Girls Club of Corvallis to sign Brandon up for day camp in August.  The Park & Rec day camp only runs until the end of July, then switched to Play in the Park, which is full.  So, we had to find another alternative.

I went for a bike ride this morning.  20 miles and one small crash.  My first in a long time.  I bloodied up my lower left leg, but my bike is ok.  Priorities!

I had an appointment for an oil change on the truck and to get the tires rotated.  Unfortunately, it has an oil leak and needs the front and back gaskets replaced...about $900!  It does have over 100,000 miles on it.  It's only a small drip right now, so I'll just watch it and check the oil often.

I also cleaned out the front gutters this morning.  What a mess!  We laughed when we saw weeds growing from our gutter.  When I climbed up there, I found them half or more full of crud - leaves, dirt, weeds, etc. After scooping it all out with a small garden trowel, I hosed them out.  A pile of junk came out on the street.  Next up, the back gutters.

I took Brandon to train club this evening and ended up coming home with a headache and a very stressed feeling.  Who knew that train club could be so stressful?  The short story is, I'm very passionate about my club and what we have built.  The club is planning a new layout to be built next year, but a select few have pushed a bad plan through and won't listen to club members for input.  It's discouraging and I just don't need or want drama in my life right now.  Unfortunately, Brandon loves going to club and, unfortunately, if I do attend club, I cannot sit back and just let it ride without letting my voice be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment