About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pajamas, Mosaics and the Giro d'Italia

Its now 7:30pm and I am still in pajamas.  A small part of me feels guilty for not getting out and enjoying some of our last days in Italy.  A large part of me is happy to just have a day of doing...well...just what I want to do, not much.

I did pull my latest mosaic out and worked on it today while watching the Giro d'Italia.  Until today it looked like Alberto Contador had the race all wrapped up, even with a week left of racing.  Then today, several riders who 'could' be in contention for the overall title gave him a run for the money over 5 major climbs in the Italian Alps.  It was exciting to watch.  In the end, with about 10 km left, Contador kicked his legs into high gear and left all but one rider behind.

While watching all this excitement, I worked on a new mosaic.  This mosaic is a mirror frame which I may finish this week.  I also need to paint the backside of the last mosaic so that I can take pictures and post them for all to see.

This week I have only a few projects to complete, so I hope to get my lazy butt on my bike and get some rides in.

No comments:

Post a Comment