About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Italian Pizza




One of the foods I will miss most is pizza. Italian pizza is just fabulous. I could eat it all the time. Its a good thing I don't, or I'd be even heavier than I am.

My favorite pizzas: Quattro Stagioni - 4 seasons pizza: sauce, mozzarella, black olives, artichokes, mushrooms and prosciutto. My other favorite is Pugliese - sauce, mozzerella, oregano and onions, lots of onions.

Katrina's favorite pizza: Margarita con aglio e origano: sauce, mozzarella, garlic and oregano.

Brandon's favorite pizza: Marinara - sauce, oregano. He doesn't like melted cheese!

Thursdays have become our traditional pizza night. We started out with Fridays, but it took too long because everyone eats out on Fridays, so we switched to Thursdays.

Our favorite pizzeria: Il Ghiotonne in Vedano. We love their pizzas, and they deliver. Delivery is 1 euro extra and no tipping. Our pizzas normally arrive in 30 minutes or less.

Besides the fact that Italian pizzas are so tasty, I love the fact that they are quick. Its the fast food of Italy. I've had times when I've ordered pizza and it took 10 minutes from ordering to pizza in a box. They are so thin that they cook very fast. All good Italian pizzerias cook their pizzas in a wood fired oven. Another think I love about Italian pizza, everyone orders what they want. Pizzas are individual. Everyone gets what they want and everyone is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment