About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lazy Saturday

Lazy Saturday at home.  I slept in the longest, finally getting up around 10am.

I spoke to my Mom the other night and learned that my Aunt has been diagnosed with lung cancer.  Yes, she has been a smoker for over 60 years and that is likely the cause, but it still breaks my heart.  She will be having tests soon to see if the cancer has spread.  She has also had to give up smoking, otherwise they will not operate on her.  Imagine giving up smoking after 60 years.

I will be doing my part to help raise money for cancer research when I ride in the Echelon Gran Fondo in Hood River OR in September.  I've set a modest goal of raising $250.  All money donated will go to the Livestrong foundation and the Knight Cancer Research Institute in Oregon.  If you would like to sponsor my ride and donate to a good cause, please checkout my page at Echelon Gran Fondo.

This afternoon we went shopping at Decathlon to see what winter gear they had on sale.  Katrina and I didn't find anything, but we did find some pants and shirts for Brandon.  We also stopped at the Auchan mall so that Brandon could find a new game for his Nintendo DS.

No comments:

Post a Comment