About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let it Snow...

We woke up to snow flurries and 1 degree this morning.  We had to get up early.  Katrina had to be at work by 8am and I needed to keep the car for the day.  I had to pickup Katrina's Mom from the airport.

It snowed all the way to Katrina's office and back to school.  Not a lot of accumulation, but enough.  Thankfully it was wet and slushy, not icy.





The circus is in town.  They are setting up in the park next to our apartment building.  It's great weather for a circus.  Thats our reddish/orange and white building in the background.

Brandon and I made it to school a few minutes late.  He headed off to class and I headed off to read with grade 2 children.  This was followed by my weekly meeting with Mr. P., the principal.

After the meeting, I headed home to see what the status was on Carolyn's flight into Milan.  Her flight to Frankfurt was late and she would have a short connection time, since her flight to Milan was on schedule.  All looked good, so I left at 12:45 to meet her arrival at 1:40pm.  Part way to the airport she called to tell me she missed her connection in Frankfurt and would be on the next flight to Linate airport (closer to our house!) arriving at 5pm.  I circled back home as the snow began to fall again.

I picked up Brandon from school and we hung out at home for about an hour before heading to Linate to pickup Carolyn.  Linate is so much more convenient, only about 30 minutes from our house and much easier to get into. 

I made pasta al pesto for dinner.  Carolyn decided she didn't really like pesto, so I made some pomodoro sauce for her.  Katrina had a late dinner at work. 

Carolyn didn't really sleep on her flight, so she was in bed by 8:20pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment