About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Prep and Gift Baskets

We woke up to a beautiful sunny day today.  The overnight low was 3 celcius.  Pretty cold!  There was a bit of frost on car windows and on the grass in the park.

Today was a busy day. I spent the first hour of the morning reading with grade 2 children, followed by an hour long meeting with Mr Partridge concerning school and parent issues.  I am very excited that one of the ideas brought forth from the children has been given a green light.  Sometime during the spring term we will be having a family disco night.  The children and parents I've already told are very excited.

This afternoon I went shopping at Auchan for Thanksgiving supplies.  Since tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day in the U.S., is a normal day here in Italy, we will be hosting a Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday.  There will be 10 of us getting together.  It should be fun.  I managed to find everything we needed except pie crust.  Must keep looking. 

After school today, Brandon and I headed to il Gigante, a large supermarket in Lesmo.  I need  to purchase 46 gift baskets for the teachers and staff of the Monza schools.  Brandon and I were able to fit 16 in the car.  That means two more trips to pickup the remaing 30.  I will go again tomorrow to get 16 more. 

Ah, tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  It will be a normal day of school and work for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment