About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Middle School Visit

It's Friday. On Friday mornings I volunteer in Brandon's grade 5 classroom, but today is a little different.

Since the 5th graders will be moving to middle school next year, they get to visit the school a few times this year to see what it is like. This morning was the first of those visits.

First off, we attended an assembly presented by the 6th graders. The subject was peace and war. It was fantastic! They really did an excellent job.

After the assembly, the 5th graders were split into three groups and given tours (done by 8th graders) of the school. The two most exciting things seemed to be lockers and the science room.

After some playtime outside, we walked back to the Schiatti school and I said goodbye.

This afternoon Mom & Dad took a walk on their own. They wanted to get out of the house and see our neighborhood. I think they were gone for about 2 hours or more.

I used the time to catch up on some house cleaning and work on this blog.

This evening we had Mike and his sister Vicki over for dinner. I made some pasta al pesto and a saldad. We had a nice dinner and fun evening, topped off with a gelato cake from La Piccolla Gelateria.

Tomorrow we will visit the Monza market then head to Lugano Switzerland for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment