About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Riunioni, incontri di molti ...

Meetings, many meetings. I had a coffee meeting with grade 5 parents on Monday. I had a coffee meeting with some grade 2 parents yesterday. I a coffee meeting with class representatives this morning and a coffee meeting (coca cola for me) with the Halloween party committee this afternoon. It's been a busy week of meetings.

We had to get up at 6:30 (thats 1 hour and 15 minutes before we usually wakeup) this morning to get Brandon ready and off to school. His class was heading to downtown Milan for a visit to the planetarium. They were leaving early to avoid rush hour and so they could arrive back at school by lunch time.

I spent part of the morning at DOC bar meeting with class reps. We had a productive meeting. I'm really enjoying the PAB Representative position. I like to think I'm making a difference for the children and the parents.

Brandon and I went for a nice bike ride around Parco di Monza this afternoon. We don't get outside often enough at this time of day, so I was amazed at how long the shadows are at 5pm. Bike rides seem to be a special time when Brandon and I have our best conversations. It was great...its been a long time. I think Parco di Monza will be on my list of things I will miss most about living here. It is a fantastic park. When you enter through its gates, your forget that there is a city surrounding you. You can get lost in the 'wilderness' and have fun, at a playground, on a road bike, on a mountain bike, walking, picnicing, or just enjoying some time away from life outside the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment