About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Time Flies

I can't believe its the end of the week already.  This week flew by.  I didn't feel all that busy.  Maybe its because Brandon started school?  Maybe its getting back into a routine that sped things up.  I'm just not sure.  I do know that it was Monday, and then it became Friday.

I've been struggling a bit with 'going home syndrome'.  We have 10 months left and I don't want to spend it counting down.  I want to live in the moment.  I want to take advantage of all the time we have left in Italy and not worry or think too much about the transition back home.

Unfortunately, I've been thinking about it too much.  Yes, we need to plan for our return.  We need to be ready.  But, we can do that without obsessing about it.  I'm finding this a bit difficult right now.  Transitions are hard for me, so I needlessly obsess. 

So, one of my goals is to not write about moving home too much.  Other than writing about required preparations we must make as we near that time, I will save my written words for that moment in time.  Thats my goal anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment