About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mosaic

I bought a beginners mosaic kit when we were in Bath England last month.  I've been interested in trying mosaics since visiting a mosaic shop on our first trip to Murano last year. 

The kit I bought was made up of a backing board, ceramic and a few glass tiles, grout, glue and instructions.  I had to buy some tile nippers, and still need to buy some glass nippers. 

It turned out pretty cool.  The template for this kit is based on an old Roman dolphin mosaic found in Turkey. 



It is not completely finished yet.  I completed it yesterday and need to allow one more day for the glue to dry before I apply grout. 

I am looking forward to doing another mosaic.  Off to the craft store tomorrow to see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment