About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

42nd Birthday

Today is my 42nd birthday. Wow, I'm not sure how I feel about that? I'm not stressed about it, but I'm not sure how I feel.

Katrina and Brandon had some nice birthday cards waiting on my desk for me this morning.

Brandon and I decided to drive Katrina to work, then head to Minitalia Leolandia for the afternoon. Its a small amusement park located about 15 minutes from where Katrina works.




This was the first ride we went on.  It would have been alright if it just followed the track like a normal coaster...but no...it had to spin as well.  I came off of it with a serious headache. 



This is the only ride we did not go on, simply because it spins. 

Minitalia is a section of the park that is modeled after Italy.  They created a pond that surrounds the land mass of Italy, then recreated some of the landmarks of the county. 


The Arena, in Verona



The Matterhorn



Castello Sforza, in Milan



Duomo, Milan



Pisa



Siena



St Peters Cathedral, Rome



Kid's Drop Tower.  Brandon and I also rode the big Drop Tower.



Mine Train Coaster....very cheesy!



Ferris Wheel in the Western section of the park



Surf's Up.  This ride was one of our favorites.  You ride it standing up while the surfboard rides the waves and spins. 



This ride was also one of our favorites, although it was very short.  It was themed after a Leonardo da Vinci contraption.

We had a great day at the park.  It is geared a little bit towards smaller children, but still a bit of fun for all. 

This evening we ordered pizza for my birthday dinner.  No complaints from anyone - we love the pizzas from Il Ghiotone.

No comments:

Post a Comment