About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rainy Summer Day

We woke up to rain, heavy rain this morning. Its not hot and muggy, so that is good, but it sure is raining.

I ran to Decathlon and BiciMania this morning to pickup anothe pair of bike shorts for Brandon and to look around. Many of the low spots and intersections along the way were flooded. Too much rain, too quick.

Brandon and I took a day off from riding. Katrina took a day off from walking. We are all trying to eat better and get some exercise into our day. Brandon and I are riding all we can. I have been doing Weight Watchers since the beginning of June and have lost 13 lbs so far. I still weight 7 lbs more than I did when we moved here and I still have a long way to go. My intention is to take far less of my home to Oregon next July when we move. Brandon is even joining in. He still eats a lot when he is growing, but we are trying to help him make better choices. He gets two snacks a day - cookies, pretzels, chips, popcorn, whatever...and all the fruit or veggies he wants. I've been buying a lot more fruit lately.

We pretty much spent the day at home today. I did some laundry. Brandon setup his slot car track and we raced several times throughout the day.

This evening we had an American dinner of hamburgers, mashed potatoes and corn on the cobb. The only part of dinner that did not fit was the wine. I should have had a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment