About Me

I am a 45 year husband and dad, currently adjusting to life back in the United States after living in Italy for a little over two years. I love spending time with my family, cycling, model railroading, mosaics and watching TV and movies.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Mexicali Friday

This morning I drove Katrina to work then headed to Linate airport to get a new insurance/registration certificate for our rental car. The current one expires on the 31st.

I was sad to hear of the passing of Fess Parker. Even thought the original series was before my time, I have fond memories of Davey Crockett. In fact, my Mom has passed along the story of when she babysat for Fess Parker after she graduated. She was in Ohio visiting her older sister Nancy who worked in a hotel there, the Yankee Clipper. Nancy gave her a chance to babysit for Fess Parker's young son Eli(about 4 or 5). She even tried on his Davey Crockett boots that were sitting in the room.

This afternoon I went for my usual 40km bike ride. It was a great day for a ride. I felt strong and had a good average speed in the end. There were a lot of cyclists out today (actually, there are a lot everyday).

This evening we had dinner at Mexicali with Mike. It's been a couple of months since we have been out for Mexican. We had a nice evening. Brandon spent much of it asking Mike all sorts of science questions. I think he's going to do something scientific when he grows up.

Tomorrows blog title: Almost Hit by a Semi...check out my blog tomorrow to read about it (Hint - I'm ok and the car is ok...the key word being "Almost")

No comments:

Post a Comment